Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's the little things

We're all guilty of it.... taking the simplest every day tasks for granted. Feeding our son, something most people wouldn't even think twice about, is a daily struggle. So something so little that may seem like no big deal to most people is a huge deal to us. Well, yesterday was a big deal! After eight long months of feeding therapy last night Jacksen ate an entire chicken nugget! I was so happy I could have cried. It took him about half an hour to finish along with lots of distraction, encouragement and water to wash it down. With Jack everything seems to be two steps forward one step backwards, so I'm not counting on it happening again anytime soon, but it was still progress. I know that it will probably still be years before Jacksen eats "normally" but the little things are what keep you motivated to do it everyday.

1 comment:

  1. I was there it was pretty amazing! Congrats JACK!

    ReplyDelete